Summer hit hard and heavy these past few weeks in Toronto, reminiscent of that deep midsummer heat that sets in and doesn’t go away till late August. Everyone has been scrambling to get their AC units running, with some unfortunate souls discovering that their units didn’t survive the winter. (eep!)
As I mentioned before, this year is ‘different’, as we’re all stuck at home, without summer plans. However, now that construction is rolling in Ontario, it means we can start to deal with those larger projects that are best to do while the warm weather is here. Hey- if you can’t go on summer vacation, the next best thing is to use that money and invest in your home.
If you are finding that you are having a hard time keeping your home cool in the summer and your AC unit is working on overdrive, that means your Hydro bill is on overdrive as well. Just like in the winter, drafts, bad seals and old windows and doors are a huge culprit for energy waste. The difference is, in the summer we don’t notice it because the cool air is always going *out* of your house into the warmer air (we don’t feel a cold draft coming in).
There are HUGE benefits for energy efficiency to upgrading your ‘entry points’, both for air movement, and heat transfer. Goodbye, false sense of security! Hello, thermodynamics!
- Sealing up the air movement is the simplest fix. No matter what season, drafts are bad business when you are trying to maintain a temperature-controlled environment. Multiple, small holes and cracks around windows act as a siphon, pulling your cool air and hard-working dollars *literally* out the door. If your doors and windows are single pane, not closing properly, or uninsulated, then it’s time to upgrade if you want even and efficient heating/cooling.
- Double glazed windows offer TWICE the R-value as single glazed windows. Double-Glazed windows are AMAZING for reducing heat transfer between indoors and outdoors. These beauties are two panes of glass, vacuumed with Argon gas in between, and offer excellent thermal insulation. This means that you can have more glass, more light, and better energy efficiency overall by upgrading. Also- No more drippy windows and condensation puddles.
- UV coatings can reduce heat transfer dramatically. That’s right! According to EnergySTAR, a leading voice on energy efficiency across industrial and residential industries, “A standard double-pane window allows approximately 75 percent of the sun’s heat into your home”. Energy efficient windows, like the ones we sell at Comfort Windows and Doors, contain UV coatings to reduce the heat transmission into your home! No more sunburns when you fall asleep on the couch on Sunday afternoons!
If you want to evaluate whether it’s time to order new windows and doors, then please get in touch! Bump up your sun protection, protect your home investment, and save on Hydro in summer heatwaves. Win win, if you ask me! We’ll work with you to create a plan that works within your budget. We’ll provide the highest quality products, with expert, socially-distant installations.
Are you ready to make the upgrade, but still nervous about the investment in your home? We have options for you!
Did you know that you can finance your energy upgrades on your Enbridge Gas Bill?
Yup! Put your Comfort Windows & Doors charges on your Enbridge Gas Distribution* bill. It’s easy and convenient. Get Pre-Approved for Financing.
As low as $49/month!
Buying windows and doors should not be stressful. Comfort Windows & Doors will assist you in selecting the best Finance programs that will save you money with low payments starting as low as $49.00 for a $5,000 loan. OAC.
ALSO ASK US ABOUT OUR ECO HOME FINANCIAL PROGRAM
With ECO HOME FINANCIAL you will enjoy:
- Up to 100% financing for all your window and door needs
- No down payment necessary
- Variety of financing offers including:
- Fixed Rates
- 0% Equal Payments
- Deferral Payments
- Low Monthly Payments
- Open Loan: pay off the entire loan at any time without penalties
- Personal and confidential
- Easy deductions from your bank account
- Up to 12 years to pay
We are open and here to serve you and help you in any way we can.
Please feel free to contact us at (416-800-1365) for any questions you may have.
We are offering our customers 3 ways to obtain an estimate:-
1. Virtual Quoting system, using video conferencing – Click the link below to schedule your consultation
2. Email your sizes & pictures to [email protected]
3. We can come to your home measure up from the exterior. This can all be done safely from a distance.
From our family to yours, stay well, stay healthy!
BOOK MY APPOINTMENT